2010 has been a year of stress, amusement, frustration, and general craziness. If I could summarize 2010 in a nutshell, it would be “Work.” In this past year I turned 28 and officially feel the weight of 30 pressing on me.. I moved to Northern San Diego and am still getting used to my new neighborhood. The kids are now 5th graders in a better, but way more involved school! There is a school event or commitment every week it seems. I chose this school for its high rating though, so I knew everything that came with it! I’ve continued my passion for travel, spending another 3 weeks in Europe… although I spent those cold weeks in England, Ireland, Germany and surrounding countries freezing instead of wandering across the warm Mediterranean cities like the year prior.
So…what were some of my favorites in 2010?
- *2nd Europe trip!! Love it all, but will highlight Prague, Dublin, and Amsterdam!
- *John Mayer concert. Outdoor concert in the summer… just as I had heard, he is fantastic live!
Favorite books read in 2010
- “The Help“ by Kathryn Stockett – This book pulled me in immediately. The story of life as a colored maid in Mississippi told from three dynamic characters’ perspectives. While the setting is during the Civil Rights Movement… that isn’t the core of the story at all. A must-read.
- “Angela’s Ashes“ I read this book on my long flight from Frankfurt to San Diego. It’s a heart-wrenching, memorable story of the author’s life of poverty in Ireland. The true charm is in the young boy’s perspective of this life that is all he knows.
- “Anne of Green Gables” by LM Montgomery – My first time reading this classic children’s book. It’s filled with lovely passages and brilliant messages both children and adults should remember. “Marilla, isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” – Anne Shirley
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by JK Rowland – Yes, it is hard to believe it took me this long to read the Potters. I finished the 7th and final book in January, 2010. I’m only sorry that I don’t still have them on my To Be Read list, because I would still have them all to look forward to. Potter was definitely worth all the hype.
- Black Swan – Intense and beautiful. I don’t think I blinked for most of the movie.
- Inglorious Basterds
- Inception – What a great flick. Fantastic concept and original story idea. I think I held my breath for the entire second half.
- Tangled – I took Kiyah for her birthday in December. Disney did a great job. Actually pretty funny and great characters, especially Flynn Rider and his “smolder.”
- True Blood – Yep, still my favorite.
- Gossip Girl – Still, yet again, my greatest guilty pleasure.
- Big Love – My friend Chrystal finally convinced me to watch this and I was instantly hooked.
Music Most Played in iPod
- Sean Hayes – “Powerful Stuff” – It really was powerful stuff. Work was really stressful when I discovered this song and it would transport me into another place. A more relaxing place.
- Jason Mraz – “A Beautiful Mess (Live)” – I relate to this song in a million little indescribable ways. A special song with a special someone. “We’re still here…”
- Toby Lightman – “My Sweet Song” – Can’t get enough of it. Plain and simple.
- St. Vincent – “Paris is Burning” – catchy song about the fall of monarchy. Love the rhythm changes.
- Far East Movement – “Like a G6” – This song pumps me up every time I hear it.