Thank you miestravels for nominating me for the ‘The Sunshine Award’. I really appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog and it’s so nice to be recognized!
The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire other bloggers. I’m sure many can agree with me when I say that it is a wonderful compliment. To be able to inspire anyone, in anyway is pretty awesome.
So.. .the rules:
- Once you are nominated, you must link the blog post to the person that nominated you.
- Then you must answer some questions about yourself
- nominate 10 other bloggers and link back to their pages.
- Once that is done, you must post a comment to each nominee’s page to let them know they have been nominated.
Lucky for me… the questions are easy ones.
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Ok, so MOST of the questions are easy ones, I meant to say. Wow, favorite philosopher. I suppose I appreciate Foucault’s focus on sociology and other humanistic disciplines, in addition to his questions about power and society. “Do not ask who I am and do not ask me to remain the same.” ― Michel Foucault
2. What is your favorite number? Number 3!
3. What is your favorite animal? Dogs. I’ve always loved dogs. They’re so loyal and sweet and really know how to make you feel special after a long day at work! I finally just got my first dog as an adult this past summer. My sweet little Emma.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? Follow me on Twitter.
5. What is your favorite time of day? Friday at 4:00pm, when I am officially off work for the weekend! Or 4:45pm any day, when I’m finally out of traffic.
6. What is your favorite holiday? Independence Day. It’s in the middle of summer and there are always fun times to be had with friends and family that don’t revolve around gifts.🙂 The fact the BBQ’s and parties are always outdoors is a bonus.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Hiking. I love being outdoors (should do it more) and getting exercise amidst amazing views and/or nature’s loveliness can’t be beat.
8. What is your favorite non alcoholic drink? So when not drinking wine, I definitely drink water more than anything, but my favorite… my favorite is coffee. Definitely.
9. What is your favorite flower? I love tulips.
10. What is your passion? Travel, reading, and music.
*Nominate other bloggers and link back to their pages. In completely random order:
Esoteric Wanderlust – I’m so happy he decided to re-open his blog. His writing is well-thought, well-written, and pretty often, hilarious. Can’t wait to read along again.
Tay in Europe – She just finished her months around Europe and was wonderful about recommendations and sharing her adventures. Great instagram photos the entire way through too!
The Sicilian Housewife – This Brit married a Sicilian and now shares pieces of her new life in Sicily… with her new grandmother-in-law aka The Godmother. She cracks me up on a regular basis!
The Book Whisperer – Lovely Boof. I have had the pleasure of getting to know and meet in person! She is an avid reader, wonderful person, and travels to fantastic places avidly. Definitely inspiring.
Crazy Train to Tinkytown – Doesn’t the name just say it all. She didn’t let a hard time get her down and instead used it as a springboard into a lifetime of adventure abroad. She now lives in Turkey. I’m inspired to follow in her footsteps!
Englishman in Italy – Great fun following his adventures at home with his Italian wife… Mrs. Sensible.
Picture Me There – True to her blog title, with the large and plentiful photos it really is easy to picture her there. She write about travels all around Europe and the pictures are breathtaking!
Plus Ultra – Beautiful photos and descriptions of his travels. Reading his blog makes me feel like I am traveling with him!
Girl in Florence – She is living a life I’d adore! She admits its no fairytale and works a lot, but she’s a book loving, inspiring American girl living in Florence. How can I not relate!