“Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened.” – Cora Harvey Armstrong
Today is my birthday. I have to admit, I’m not very excited about them anymore. I turned 27 today… 27. How did that happen so fast? This past year has brought around some changes in me I’ve noticed. As I reflect on the past year, I’m considering…what are those changes?
1. I find much more comfort in quality family time.
2. I have learned how passionate I am about traveling and this has infected so much more of my life. It affects my budgeting, planning, and reading.
3. While I still like going out with friends, I am much happier staying home or doing “low-key” things. It is actually my preference most of the time. Last year this was NOT the case.
4. My kids have changed into little people (not little kids) overnight. I’ve noticed so many changes in them. They are growing up so fast. I have stepped into a very different type of parenting now.
5. For the first time in years, maybe ever, I know where I want to land. Europe.
6. As much as I loved books before, I think I read double the amount now.
7. I have finally really thought about my ambitions…and am making them happen.
8. It is OK to say “No” to plans and invitations.
9. My taste in music as almost completely changed. I really don’t know why, but I like it!
10. I still have no desire to have another Vegas weekend.